Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Hi :)

So I want to introduce myself. I'm Stacey, and I have binge eating disorder, and that is primarily what this blog is about. On May 4th 2012 I admitted myself into an IOP (intensive out-patient) program and want to share my experiences.. and reach out to anyone who may be struggling with an eating disorder.

B.E.D. is an eating disorder less recognized but in fact effect more men and women than anorexia and bulimia combined.. who-da-thunk-it right?

If you are anything like me you didn't know binging without purging is just as much as an illness and just as serious and anorexia and bulimia. I want to clarify that this is a serious illness and there is help! If you want it, you can get it. I am still in the early stages of recovery, and I encourage you to walk with me in my journey, I could use the support and maybe you could too if this is something you struggle with.

I have been in treatment for 10 days but I am to maintain my work and home life.. I go to my center 4 days a week for 3 and a half hours... its intense. I have struggled with B.E.D. for 17 years and I am 23 years old. I am reprogramming a lifetime of thoughts and behaviors. Its overwhelming but I'm hopeful because I took the first step. Now it's baby steps from here on out.

I encourage and welcome you to tell me your story I would love to hear it.

Until later.. put one foot in front of the other

Stacey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment